Residential College life constitutes an important part of the University life. It is a unique learning environment for enriching students’ life experience. To make your stay in SPC a pleasant and positive experience, the following tips might be helpful to let you make the most out of your life in the College.
– Meet your Master, Associate master, Resident Fellow, Resident tutor/resident assistant to know who they are and tell them your expectation and needs.
– Roommate relation and connections: make use of opportunities to connect with your roommate and other SPCers through effective communication with an open-minded.
– Mutual understanding and respect: try to understand others with respect in regard to their living style, habit and maintain open communication with them.
– Take an active role in participating College activities as it will help you make more friends and learn from each other.
– Cross-cultural learning: take initiative to meet SPCers from other culture. Join and appreciate different cultural activities.
– Try to organize activities to enhance your leadership skills and develop your talents.
– Take care of your physical health. Be mindful about keeping a healthy diet and getting enough exercise and rest. Try to find an activity that you enjoy and make it part of your daily routines. Being physically active can help reduce your stress level.
– Seek out support from RT/RA and College staff. It will be helpful for you to discuss your concerns with them when you have difficulties and they will provide ideas and insights for you.
– Get help at the first available opportunity, don’t wait, don’t procrastinate.